Pages

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Welcome

Welcome to the first of what I hope will be many musings.  As a mom of 3 (15, 13 and almost 3) there are so many things that I have been able to draw on in starting my business, but mostly, I am so thankful for the encouragement and support from my entire family.  Just as no one told me how challenging being a mom would be, no one told me how difficult starting a business would be.  I remember hearing that having a baby would make me feel exhausted, but I figured that I had pulled all-nighters in college, so what could be so bad?  Well, getting up every few hours to feed a baby for months on end is much tougher, and I'm glad that I didn't know that going in.  Some times ignorance really is bliss. The same is true for starting nomie baby.  I am happy that I didn't know everything that would be involved in starting a business, or I most likely would have been too intimidated to give it a try.  I have found that while there are many areas that were completely new to me (creating a website, merchant accounts, manufacturing, shipping and the list goes on - you get it), there were just as many people who were more than willing to take the time to teach me what I needed to know.  I also found that I didn't need to know everything from the start.

Since we are told that we can be Super Moms, it is often hard to ask for help.  However, I have found that people are happy to help, especially when they are given a particular assignment.  Sometimes is tricky to figure out exactly what needs to be done, but once that is clear, finding people to teach, give advise, or support you becomes easier.  Now what I find rewarding is that I am able to share what I've learned with others.

Best, 
Katie Danziger
www.nomiebaby.com 


No comments:

Post a Comment