Pages

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Picture says it all, or at least a lot!


One of the most difficult things about launching a new product is trying to describe it as quickly and simply as possible, while still being detailed. It's a trick, and one that I learned, was not so easy. I discovered early on that almost everything means something different to different people, for example, the price. I was determined to keep the price low enough that the nomie baby car seat covers could and would be able to be considered "must-haves" and no-brainers. However, I learned that some interpret low prices with poor or lower quality, so I had to figure out a way around that without raising the price. I also realized that "waterproof" might make some think of your grandmother's plastic covered couches - not so cozy to sit on for an infant or toddler. Therefore, it quickly became apparent, that I would have to be more, rather than less descriptive. The word "nomie" might mean "cozy" in our family, but it will take a while before this is universally understood.

Another piece of feedback I regularly received was the surprise at how soft and cozy the car seat cover is. People are pleasantly surprised. This I have found trickier to accurately describe in words, and have been relying on reviews and moms spreading the word to get the coziness out there. Then this summer I decided to take some more pictures of my little one in her toddler car seat with its lime nomie baby cover on it, and I think I was able to capture "Cozy, soft, comfy" with one smiling shot. So I guess when they say, "A picture says a thousand words" this is what they meant!

No comments:

Post a Comment