Pages

Sunday, September 13, 2009

"Good things come to those who wait - patiently"

I know that nomie baby is my main career focus, but while it's hard, it is also important to remember that this is not the case for many others. I may be spending a tremendous part of each day thinking of traditional as well as creative ways to increase exposure, distribution and sales, but this is not what is on everyone else's mind. Just because I have spent time crafting a PR pitch, I have to remind myself that it is not the only one that is received that day, or even that hour, and that it might take time to hear back and get a response. It is key to put a lot "out there" with the hope that some will stick and be picked up.

Months ago I sent Brooke Burke, Co-CEO of ModernMom a nomie baby car seat cover for her littlest, because even though she is a celebrity, she has the same desire to make cleanups more hassle-free, and have more time for the fun stuff, and ModernMom speaks to the moms I am trying to reach. What a perfect way to spread the word. I'm sure Brooke must get tons of products to review, and PR pitches, but in my world, this was my focus. Sometimes, OK more often than not, it is frustrating and even discouraging to have to wait. However, this also means that when I have almost forgotten, or almost given up, I sometimes get a wonderful surprise.

I received just such a treat today when I heard from ModernMom that they will be featuring the nomie baby car seat cover as one of their "must-haves!" Needless to say I was thrilled to open that email with the news. It was confirmation, and served to show me once again, that yes, my pitches are read, and better yet, when people have the opportunity to feel the coziness, and experience how easily the car seat cover slips on and off the infant or toddler car seat, parents "get it!" Hearing this news and getting positive feedback is incredibly gratifying, and makes all the difference in pushing ahead.

It all does take time, persistence and perseverance, but if you are willing to take the time, be patient and you believe in what you are doing, this will come through, and others will recognize this as well! Who ever said, "Good things do come to those who wait" right,wise and spent a lot of time waiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment