Pages

Friday, July 6, 2012

Getting out the door quickly with Children

Before the kids were born my schedule was my own - mostly.  Then I remember that getting out the door was always a challenge; the nap lasted longer than usual, there was a diaper that needed to be changed at the last minute, the diaper bag needed to be packed so I could be ready for anything...  I knew I couldn't control the nap time or diaper changing, but one thing I could control, which found a huge timesaver, as well giving me peace-of-mind was pre-packing the diaper bag. I created a checklist, which also made it foolproof for others to get it ready as well.   


Anything that could be done in advance, I tried to do.  Here is my checklist as an example:
  • wipes
  • extra diapers - depending on the outing pack 1 for every 2 hours, plus 1 extra
  • change of clothes 
  • plastic bag for dirty clothes
  • bibs
  • burp clothes
  • bottles and/or sippy cups 
  • snacks
  • favorite toys
  • then add the extras depending on the outing (blanket for warmth, sweater...)
  • and if in the car, an extra nomie baby car seat cover for if my little one got sick or poured juice on her clean car seat cover.

I knew I had to admit that I couldn't control many things, but being prepared helped give me a little sense control when possible!






No comments:

Post a Comment