Pages

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Progress is all about perspective

Sometimes it is difficult to appreciate the progress that's been made when you are in the middle of it. The other day, when I was speaking with my PR guru, Sabina, from Collective-E about recent press, she said, "Just think about where you were last year!" I took a minute to think about where I was a year ago in terms of so many things with my business, and realizes that I really had made progress. The number of press hits nomie baby had gotten this time last year I could easily have counted, and now they are in the 100's. I hadn't received much recognition, much less awards, and the website was simple, but now with my web mastermind Katie's SEO genius considerations, it's getting many more hits, which translate into sales. I didn't know what twitter was, let alone how to use it to get more exposure, and Facebook was just a way to stay in touch with friends, and now there is nomie baby fan page as well as a nomie baby group. I have a blog (thank you for reading it), and just the other day Beth Schoenfeldt, who has been my branding guide, taught me how to create even more links and connections. As far as distribution and sales, I started out with a few wonderful stores here in NYC, like Citibabes, Albee's, the Upper Breast Side, and Ola Baby, and now I have branched out to stores in close to 10 states, a number of online stores,including Diapers.com and soon buybuyBaby.com.

WIth so much going on, sometimes it's hard to appreciate the progress. When I take the time to step back and look at where I was instead of where I am, it's great to see the results. With time comes progress and perspective.

2 comments:

  1. Hurray for SEO and hits that turn into sales!! Those are the best kinds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A+, and thanks for the shout out lovin

    ReplyDelete