Pages

Saturday, August 8, 2009

iParenting 2009 "Outstanding Product Award"



Months ago I submitted the nomie baby car seat cover to be considered for the Disney company, iParenting "Outstanding Product Award." I filled out all the necessary forms, sent off a few nomie baby car seat covers to be tested by their dedicated team, and then quite frankly moved on to the next thing.

Since then I have been working on all aspects of the business including getting the word out, contacting editors, bloggers, buyers, customers and getting as much press and pr as possible. A few days ago I was sitting with a friend, my Blackberry vibrated, telling me that an email had come in. I didn't rush to check it out, since I was having my time with a friend, but when I did check, I had to check twice, before believing what I was reading, and bravely reading it out loud, since I knew by doing so would make it real.

The subject of the email was "Congratulations!" I have gotten plenty of emails telling me that I am the lucky winner of the lottery, and if I would just send my contact information along with my bank account numbers, I will receive the millions that they are promising. Therefore, it's understandable that when I first saw the word "Congratulations!" I wasn't instantly jumping. I guess that's what has happen, instead of being excited by the word, I have become unphased, or at least cautious. I eventually did open the email and read it, bringing back the memory of submitting a while ago. "Congratulations your product has been selected to receive the "iParenting Outstanding Product Award" for 2009! Wohoo! Confirmation, with a seal and everything, that, as Sally Field said, "They liked it, they really liked it!"

No comments:

Post a Comment